Make a Booking New dates available please contact us
New dates available please contact us if you require a specific date.
During COVID restrictions, a maximum of 2 people can attend each classroom based training course, however this will be increased to 4 once government restrictions allow us to do so. When booking please let us know how many delegates wish to attend.
- Learn how to operate and maintain Gent Vigilon & Vigilon Compact fire detection systems.
- For end users that have a Gent Vigilon fire detection and alarm system installed on their premises.
A foundation and intermediary level training course designed to equip attendees with an understanding of the concepts of the Gent Vigilon Analogue Addressable Fire Alarm and Detection System. It covers the theoretical ideas behind the system and provides knowledge of key functions and operations. The course additionally features practical exercises which allow delegates to learn both the operation of the control panel and how to retrieve and interpret system information.
Who is this course for?
This training course is ideally suited for anyone wishing to obtain an understanding of the Gent Vigilon Analogue Addressable Fire Alarm & Detection System, its key Functions and Applications. Ideally, delegates would possess some knowledge of fire alarm systems prior to attending this course, though this is not mandatory. It is ideally suited for End User Estates and Facilities Engineering Staff that have contact with a Gent Vigilon F.D. & A. system through either testing or maintenance responsibilities.
Upon successful completion of this training activity, delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- The principles of the Gent Vigilon Analogue Addressable F.D. & A System.
- Recognise the various System Components e.g Loop Devices and their Function.
- The Wiring Architecture of the Gent Vigilon Analogue Addressable F.D. & A System.
- The Gent Vigilon Control Panel Menu Structure.
- Interpretation of System Events (Fire / Fault / Disablement)
- Safe Isolation Procedures of the Gent Vigilon Control Panel
- Basic Fault Finding
- Maintenance Requirements
- Configuration of Labels and Device State Changes
- End User Responsibilities in accordance with BS5839:1
There will be a written exercise at the end of the training course.
Midland Fire Security Services will issue a Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion of the end of course exercise.
16 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - 17 (Wednesday) 5:00 pm
Dave GreenTechnical Training Specialist01283 741000 | firstname.lastname@example.org