This is a repeating event13th may 2021 9:00 am
Introductory Rate of £250 per delegate
Wednesday 5th May 2021 AVAILABLE
Thursday 13th May 2021 AVAILABLE
Other dates available on request. Please contact us if you require a specific date.
During COVID restrictions, a maximum of 2 people can attend each classroom based training course, however this will be increased to 4 once government restrictions allow us to do so. When booking please let us know how many delegates wish to attend.
A foundation level training course designed to equip attendees with an understanding of the fundamental reasons for having a Fire Detection & Alarm System, the types of Fire System Available, their devices and applications. All of the aforementioned is supported by a basic overview of the requirements of BS5839:1 in terms of system design and the principal responsibilities of the System Designer, System Installer, System Commissioner and ultimately the End User.
Who is this course for?
This training course is ideally suited for anyone wishing to obtain a basic understanding of the principles, component parts and regulations around Fire Detection & Alarm Systems. It would be beneficial for Facilities Managers, Installers, Maintainers, Estates Staff, Sales and Commercial staff and Apprentices who are either new to the world of Fire Alarm Systems or those who encounter Fire Alarm Systems on the periphery of their job role where an understanding of the concepts and applications of such systems would be beneficial.
Upon completion of this training activity, delegates will have an appreciation of:
- The ways in which a fire can start, spread and the mechanisms that we use to detect it.
- The Categories of Fire System in accordance with BS5839:1
- The Siting & Spacing of system devices in accordance with BS5839:1
- The difference between Conventional and Analogue Addressable F.D. & A Systems.
- The fundamental applications these systems and their associated devices.
- The requirements of the System Installer in accordance with BS5839:1
- The requirements of the System Commissioner in accordance with BS5839:1
- The requirements of the End User / Responsible Person / Premises Manager in accordance with BS5839:1
- Related Systems such as PAVA / GUI’s / VESDA that may be connected to and controlled by the F.D. & A System.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dave GreenTechnical Training Specialist01283 741000 | email@example.com